The ute's primary purpose is as a towing vehicle for the trailer and we are fortunate to have such a facility. However we can only continue to keep it if we take responsibility for the cost of its upkeep. Car owners amongst you know that keeping a car on the road is not cheap, and it's the same for the ute. We all have to contribute to its upkeep so that it does not become an increasing drain on the boathouse executive's finances.
1. The Ute is primarily for use by the Boathouse Executive, Barnes Bridge Ladies RC, and Cygnet RC all of whom have priority over private usage.
2. If the clubs don't need it then the ute is available for club members to hire. Do bear in mind that if there is a change of plan and the clubs need it, your booking may be cancelled.
3. All bookings should be entered in the diary in the kitchen. Enter the period required, a contact name and mobile number.
4. If a clash cannot be reconciled by the parties involved then the Boathouse Captain has overall decision making authority.
1. Before you bring back the ute to the club, always fill up with (unleaded) petrol. This is not optional - the ute must always be returned to the club full. Any garage within 10 miles of the club will suffice and a list of likely filling stations is appended. If time is short (After a regatta weekend for instance) then keep it for an extra day but always return it full. It is especially important that this rule is observed as the fuel gauge does not work properly. If you have to put in a lot more petrol that you would expect for your trip please contact the boathouse captain.
2. Always enter enter the begining and end mileage into the green book in the Ute's glove compartment, write your name and the purpose of your trip (especially if you use the ute on clubs' business). Contact the boathouse captain if there is a gap in the numbers.
3. Please pay for the use of the Ute. This is additional to petrol cost. The charge is £25 for club members per day*. Please do not leave cash in the mileage book. You have to put the key away so money can be put in the pigeon hole at the same time. Leave an envelope with a cheque or cash in the Boathouse Treasurer's pigeonhole, mentioning your name and "Use of Ute - date". Envelopes are provided in the Exec treasurer's pigeonhole. Alternatively, hand the money to the Treasurer.
4. *Clubs taking the Ute away for a 2-day regatta will only be requested to pay £20.00 per weekend. However, if the Ute is used for two different events over the weekend, each event will have to be paid for separately
Damage and Insurance
The ute is insured via the Civil Service Sports council and may be driven by any member of the club under this policy but they must be a member of either Barnes Bridge RC or Cygnet RC. It is preferable that those using the ute for private business are otherwise covered by their own policy.
Damage or any repairs required should be reported to the boathouse captain. If anything but superficial damage is caused whilst the ute is on private business then whomever is using the ute would be expected to pay for any repairs.
There are few options open to the exec. if these guidelines are repeatedly flouted apart from barring an individual or club from using the ute. Of course we sincerely hope that it would never come to this.
A (by no means exhaustive) selection filling stations within a reasonable distance of the club: