Hammersmith Bridge re-opens
15th July 2021
Hammersmith Bridge re-opens - for both river traffic, cyclists and pedestrians.
Full details on our Current Safety Notices page but in summary;
- The bridge control lights display two signals; green arrow and a red X
- The green arrow means the bridge is open and there are no restrictions
- The red X means that the bridge is closed to all traffic
- If the signal changes to a Red X when any vessel is approaching the bridge, it should abort its transit and await further instruction from London VTS
- Vessels transit through the bridge at their own risk - if the light changes to red X they must remain on that side until the bridge reopens.