Cygnet Weekly Update: Monday 7th July 2014
7th July 2014
Cygnet Weekly Update: Monday 7th July 2014 blog post
A mercifully short one this week, as we recover from Henley Royal Regatta. And a Henley where the Cygnet colours were seen on the water as well as on the riverbank. Nick & I were very pleased to get through qualifiers to earn ourselves a race on Thursday. We did our best, but we weren't a match for the University of Western Ontario boys (and I mean 'boys' - one was 18 years old). But we had a great day - the sun was shining, we didn't row like complete donkeys, and we had supporters cheering us on on the bank and (silently) from the umpire's launch. Many thanks to those that made it down to support.
All of which was the precursor to Henley Friday, and therefore club-day at Old Blades as guests of the Slys. A smashing day, and evening, with a number from both clubs getting completely smashed, and some of us taking most of the weekend to recover. Heartfelt thanks again to the Slys for putting us up/ putting up with us.
- Tues evening outings, as per Coach Sue's email.
- Squad Erg is 2 x 2000m rate increase / 4 min easy. Row two 2000m pieces. In each piece, row the first 1000m @26, then 500m @28, 250m @30, and 250m @32. Row for four minutes at light pressure during the rest period.
- 2nd erg is 40 minutes feet out - max r22 holding a consistent split
- Erg for the New Novices is 2x 15mins r20 or lower.- Thurs evening outings, as per Coach Sue's email
- Thurs evening post-session-session, and Nick Bates is catering afterwards.
- Sat and Sun morning outings - crew lists to follow.
That's all for now.