Captain's Log 22/02
23rd February 2018
I'm away this weekend - Saturday problems to Cris, Sunday problems to Sam S.
- Saturday 7am for 7.30 on the water. Top of the tide. (High at 8am). Warm up to Chiswick Steps crossing, then spin and head up to UL with the flood tide. Back down to Chiswick Eyot and then home. UT2 (steady state) paddling - low rate 20, firmish pressure, working on finishing together and feeling like you have lots of time to extract the blade (together!) without rushing.
8+ (MAG) : Cris (cox), Alex, Vasil, Nick R, Niall, Barry, Eric, Bjarne, Ashley
4x (Cox) : Tom (steering), Jon B, Mustafa, Ranko
- Saturday 9.30am for 10.00 on the water. Work as per Alan's instructions.
Vets 8 (Marj), + Alex and Cris
8+ (MAG) : Niall (cox), Barry, Ashley, Magnus, Conor, Rupert, Joris, Mustafa, Kay, coached by Alan.
- Saturday 12 noon Club AGM - vote in the new committee and stand for any vacant positions.
- Sunday 7am for 7.30 on the water - make sure you're off the river by 9.15 (high tide) so you're well out of the way of race boating.
8+ (Marj): Becky (cox), Barry, Ashley, John S, Vasil, Ranko, Eric, Bjarne, Niall, coached by Sam S
1x/2x: Cris, Nick R
2x (Hamo): Laurent, Raph
- Sunday 10am (or in own time) - 5k erg test.
- Sunday 11am-12.30 - Hammersmith Head - cheer on the BBLRC crews racing and be glad you're not out there :)
A Cygnet crew took to the water for some sparring against a BBLRC crew on Saturday morning. 2 hard pieces over the Hammersmith Head course were enjoyed by all; will try to set up another session for 3rd March.
The fitclub calendar is looking pretty sparse for the end of March; please get it filled in up to and including Vets Head on 25th March so we can decide if a novice 8+ is viable to enter.
4/3 Boathouse Exec AGM - vote in another committee: this one keeps the water hot and the lights on inside the boathouse. Drawn from both clubs and always after new blood.
10/3 Women's Head - Come down and cheer on BBLRC whilst eating Cake
11/3 Head of the River - Cheer on Cygnet I
24/3 Boat Race - Cris and Niall will be in touch regarding watching from the club
25/3 Vets Head - Cheer on the Vets crews from both clubs, and the Cygnet Novices.
7/4-8/4 Sculling Camp - Learn to scull on still water in Shepperton. Looking for volunteers to tow the trailer, else we'll all have to spend 4 hours rowing up there.