Deneb Captain's Log XXV
16th January 2019
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Sorry for the delay. Thank you all who made it to the Squad meeting last Thursday and submitted the questionare.
- We row because it is fun and we want to compete. If you want to be fit and be competitive in Summer, it starts now. We are going to focus mostly in 8's until the end of March. So please load availability for through to March onto Fitclub, so the we can start working out how the race crewsare likely to stack up). Crew selection (this also applies for the Summer) will be base on Training (ergs, ergs score, attitude) and Availability.
Some Basic Rules & 2019 Resolutions:
- Availability & Reliability: As mentioned, please fill in Fitclub, It helps to organize things better. If you have put yourself as available you come down.
- Punctuality: This is a must. Meeting 7.15 means ready at 7.15 to have chat and hands on.
- Boat Handling/Equipment: Please be careful with the boats. Check lists ( for pre/during outings) have been sent. If you see, feel something wrong,...seeing, saying, sorted, so it can be fixed asap.
- Safety: Since everyone is a potential cox, steerman, please check the tideway navigation rules. Mind the buoys, badges, don't stop at the crossing points and be careful out there. Let's aim for a 2019 without incidents.
Training this week: Same as last one 😉
Circuits with Maxi : We had a great session yesterday eve! Hope to see more of you there next week.
Weights Core , warm up properly pair with someone who was there in the introduction focus on technique.
Erg 2x(3k/2k/1k), R18/20/22, 2 mins rest (UT2/1)
Conditioning circuit and stretching
Outings This Weekend:
Will follow. Don't forget subs and race fees are due now
Probably pub !
Have a nice day and a better rest of week.
Dates for your Diary: